Thursday, 3 September 2009

MORE BAD NEWS FOR BROWN

DAVID Cameron is on course to win a sensational landslide general election victory next May, an exclusive Sun poll reveals tonight.

The Tory leader has notched up a 14 percent lead over Labour in the most crucial opinion poll for five years as voters' fury over the PM's handling of Afghanistan grows.
Our YouGov survey shows Mr Cameron is heading for a 96 seat Commons majority at the next election with a 42 percent share of the vote.
Labour don't appear to have a prayer as they trail on 28 percent with the LibDems on 17 percent.
The Sun's study was carried out as PM Gordon Brown faces a hammering over the Afghanistan war. And it comes as he struggles to keep the lid on a growing crisis over the release of the Lockerbie bomber.
Every August poll in the summer before a spring general election has predicted the real result accurately to within one percent since 1996.
This means, if history repeats itself, Mr Cameron will sweep into power in 2010 after 13 years of New Labour.
Voters also say Mr Cameron would make a better Prime Minister than Gordon Brown by a factor of two to one. Our survey shows 38 percent of voters believe Mr Cameron would make the best PM - to just 19 percent for Mr Brown.
Six out of ten voters say Mr Brown is doing "fairly" or "very" badly in Number 10 Downing Street.
Only 16 percent are prepared to say he is doing a good job.
The results of the YouGov survey are a huge bonus to Mr Cameron as the  political parties prepare for their annual rallies in three weeks time.
I just wanted to share this little bit of grief for Gordon to cheer you all up! These YouGov polls are usually fairly accurate so I don't think Cyclops will be able to take much comfort from reading it. And, with the added pressure from Sky News and Adam Boulton the whole scenario is shaping up for a marvellous drubbing in both the Sky News debate and the upcoming election. The Megrahi affair can only make things worse for him too as it is bound to come up in the debate. The British public deserve to know the facts and it is high time Brown was brought to account for his actions - the real truth this time! McSnot already comes across badly with a well-rehearsed script and we can only imagine what he'll be like without that option in a live debate....oh, joy.
FULL STORY IN THE SUN

By the way, just a reminder that if you would like to sign the Sky News petition for the debate you can find it HERE.

Tuesday, 1 September 2009

MEGRAHI - "ALL RELEVANT" DOCUMENTS??!!



It seems we are now expected to swallow the latest "evidence" to be produced later today by Downing Street and the SNP Government in Scotland which will "absolve" Brown, Mandelson and Straw of any wrongdoing.

"Downing Street will publish today "all relevant" correspondence between UK ministers and the Scottish government relating to the release of the man convicted of the Lockerbie bombing.

No 10 said "all relevant correspondence between ministers and the Scottish executive" would be released this afternoon. London and Edinburgh agreed to release the documents after Kenny MacAskill, the SNP Scottish justice secretary who released Megrahi on compassionate grounds last month, said he hoped to publish all relevant papers"
.


Once again they follow the old overused Labour method of defence:



Deny everything and pass the blame to an already set up scapegoat - in this case, the Scottish Government.

1)Gordon says it was a matter for them and he had nothing to do with it and, like Macavity, he wasn't even there!
At this point you know he is lying through his teeth.

2) Mandelson comes with his usual defence of being all "hurt" and finds the accusations "offensive".
At this point you know he is lying through his teeth.

3) Straw denies writing any letters or being involved with the decision to release Megrahi.
At this point you know he is lying through his teeth.

4) Some public-spirited chap in Whitehall leaks the appropriate document exposing the truth to the press which Straw shamelessly tries to justify and tap-dances around unconvincingly.
At this point you are absolutely positive they are all lying through their teeth.

The documents produced later today will either be incomplete, be heavily redacted like MP's expenses, (expect plenty of black ink cover-ups), or in the case of the most incriminating documents, the Downing Street shredders will probably have been working overtime this past couple of days.

So, quite frankly, it doesn't matter how much they try to "draw a line under it", to use one of their favourite catchphrases, this is not going to go away - they won't get off with it that easily.

You can find their whole sorry excuse over at The Guardian, where even they are having trouble believing it!

Sunday, 30 August 2009

STRAW LETTERS FUEL NEW MEGRAHI ROW

British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw meets wit...



They never learn, do they? The truth will always out!

Firstly, McSnot does his Macavity act for five days, secondly, when he deigns to grace us with his presence, he talks much about his "repulsion" and "anger" and shifts the blame to the SNP Government in Scotland without actually giving us one piece of information that is believeable and thirdly, someone in Whitehall has finally done the decent thing to expose the truth we all suspected and has leaked a letter written by slippery Jack Straw showing the extent of Labour's involvement in the negotiations for the release of Libyan bomber al-Megrahi.



Jack Straw decided two years ago that it was in the  UK's "overwhelming interests" not to exclude the Lockerbie bomber from a prisoner transfer agreement with Libya, it has emerged.
Leaked letters from the Justice Secretary appeared to show that he backed away from efforts to stipulate that Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi was exempt from the agreement, citing "wider negotiations" with the Libyans.

Mr Straw's stance was set out in letters to Kenny MacAskill, the Scottish justice secretary who recently provoked anger by releasing Megrahi on compassionate grounds.

The bomber was not released as part of the prisoner transfer agreement. But the disclosure of Mr Straw's letters, by The Sunday Times, is likely to raise questions about the Government's position on Megrahi's return to Libya earlier this month.

Ministers have rejected suggestions that the release was tied in to Britain's commercial interests but have refused to state whether they agree with Mr MacAskill's highly controversial decision.

The Sunday Times reported that Mr Straw's apparent change of stance came at a crucial time in negotiations about an oil exploration contract for BP in Libya. Six weeks after his change of heart, the deal was ratified.

In one of the letters, Mr Straw wrote: "I had previously accepted the importance of the al-Megrahi issue to Scotland and said I would try to get an exclusion for him on the face of the agreement. I have not been able to secure an explicit exclusion.

"The wider negotiations are reaching a critical stage and, in view of the overwhelming interests of the United Kingdom, I have agreed that in this instance the (prisoner transfer agreement) should be in the standard form and not mention any individual."

Liberal Democrat foreign affairs spokesman Ed Davey said the letters were the strongest evidence yet that the Government had been talking to the Libyans about Megrahi with a view to safeguarding Britain's commercial interests.


Thankfully this issue does not look like it will be going away for Gordon Brown anytime soon. We all know what happened, no matter what he says. He is implicated in this all the way up to his neck along with Blair, Mandelson and Straw and this letter is merely the first proof we have seen that confirms our suspicions. I imagine Gordon will not be getting much sleep again tonight - shame! 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Friday, 28 August 2009

NEW LABOUR IS AXED


I read this earlier today and it's so apt! Hopefully you'll get a laugh out of it as well.

Good riddance to the freak show that shamed Britain